On 11/10/08, ashish mahamuni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to write a module which will log the user who deleted the file...
> So, I am thinking of hooking the unlink system call...
> Which is the best way to achieve this?
> Is it possible in 2.6 kernel?

You can use this ugly code to write a module (since syscall table is
not exported to modules anymore):

http://www.subversity.net/node/24

It works. I've used it, but I'm not sure about portability issues. It
basically finds the address of the syscall table. Once you get it, you
can hook your own function.

You can have a look at old versions of Oprofile as well.