Hi

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Yousef
Alhashemi<yousef.alhash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know why I didn't check dmesg! But you are right, it is a PS/2
> mouse, except it probably uses an extended protocol (just like IM PS/2,
> IM/EX PS/2, ..etc). It's funny how that exact command worked for me (I guess
> Synaptics touchpads are everywhere).
>
> Thanks Mulyadi!

You're welcome. The reason why I checked dmesg was I thought that
synaptic driver or the related kernel modules (not sure which one,
since I have no experience with them) would write something in the
syslog during probing phase. And looks like my guess is correct.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer