On 5/19/2017 3:58 PM, Borislav Petkov wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 03:45:28PM -0500, Tom Lendacky wrote:
Actually there is.  The above will result in data in the cache because
halt() turns into a function call if CONFIG_PARAVIRT is defined (refer
to the comment above where do_wbinvd_halt is set to true). I could make
this a native_wbinvd() and native_halt()

That's why we have the native_* versions - to bypass paravirt crap.

As long as those never change from static inline everything will be
fine. I can change it, but I really like how it explicitly indicates
what is needed in this case. Even if the function gets changed from
static inline the fact that the instructions are sequential in the
function covers that case.

Thanks,
Tom