Hi Bjorn,
On 02/22/20 at 10:56am, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> [+cc Khalid, Deepa, Randy, Dave, Myron]
>
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 03:21:18AM +0800, Kairui Song wrote:
> > There are reports about kdump hang upon reboot on some HPE machines,
> > kernel hanged when trying to shutdown a PCIe port, an uncorrectable
> > error occurred and crashed the system.
>
> Did we ever make progress on this?  This definitely sounds like a
> problem that needs to be fixed, but I don't see a resolution here.

I'm not familar with the PCI details,  but if this only adds a quirk for
kdump use and no other risks added then it should be good to have.

Or we can provide a kernel parameter for the quirk?  Then it is even
limited to only be effective when in-kdump && the-param-is-used

Anyway still prefer to people who know more about this area to evaluate
the risk.

Thanks
Dave