Il giorno lun, 02/10/2006 alle 19.52 +0100, Martin Ellis ha scritto:
> On Monday 02 October 2006 19:19, Antonio Gennarini wrote:
> > Refering to my previous emails regarding kexi and postgres, I thought
> > that maybe compiling kexi on my machine would have helped.
> > But nothing! It still crashes. Anybody experiencing the same issues.
>
> I can't check the Debian packages right now, but I did notice that there's
> a new libpqxx package in Debian unstable (2.6.8), and that Kexi seems to
> have been rebuilt against the new version.
>
> I wonder if that's a regression in libpqxx - certainly that's where the
> backtrace
> shows where the program eventually crashed. Unfortunately, it looks as though
> libpqxx has migrated to testing already, which makes downgrading to test the
> previous version rather harder.  If the 2.6.7 package is still in your
> /var/cache/apt/archives directory, it might be worth trying that with Kexi
> from testing.
>
> The other possibility is a bug in Kexi, but I'm not sure I know of anything
> that
> could have caused a regression there.

OK! THis is funny. I've noticed that both libpqxx 2.6.7-1 and 2.6.8-1
are installed on my system. I assume that they can live together on my
system otehrwise whoever packaged them made a mistake.
So does this mean that a bug in kexi is more realistic than before?
Regarding the idea of recompiling, I have no problems with that as long
as you let me do it with the debian way (apt-get). I'm not in the mood
for messing up my system nor am I brilliant enough with linux to try it
without apt-get. I'm really willing to helpo you guys sort this out as
long as we keep it simple.

I've noticed that apt-get won't let me uninstall libpqxx 2.6.8 without
removing kexi but it will let me remove 2.6.7. I assume this is because
kexi compiled against 2.6.8. I will remove both kexi and libpqxx and try
and recompile kexi agianst 2.6.7 (hoping that apt-get will let me do it
this way ...)

Regards
Antonio

--