On 9/10/2010 9:19 AM, Marco Mattila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have any input regarding this patch proposal? Is there something that
> should be done differently for this to be considered?

Marco,

I apologize for not responding sooner but I've been very busy.  I reviewed your
patch and have a few comments before I would commit it.

1) Modify the context menu so that selecting a module will only display the
"Reset Size" menu entry.  "Reset All Sizes" doesn't make sense when selecting a
module.  "Reset All Sizes" should probably be displayed when selecting an empty
region of the board.

2) Menu entries are to have header (Title) capitalization per the UI guidelines
not sentence capitalization.

3) Avoid direct manipulation of the module object in your code.  Why not add a
SetTextSize( aHeight, aWidth ) method to the module class and hide all direct
manipulation of the module's text objects?  This would make the code easier to
maintain and understand.

4) If there are any other text items besides m_Reference and m_Value reset them
as well.  As a user I would expect all of the module text to get reset not just
the value and reference text.

I know some of this seems trivial but I have spent a lot of time cleaning up
these kinds of issues would prefer that the patch submitter clean them up
before committing it.  Thanks for taking the time to help improve Kicad.

Wayne