I know all of you've been on the edge of your seats waiting for the the new
part file format since Dick announced his plans to start working on the
distributed library.  So without further ado, attached is the preliminary copy
of the library part file specification.  Please take a look at it and make sure
I didn't forget anything.  I have tried to accommodate all of the previous
library discussions as best I could.  If I missed something, it wasn't
intentional so please let me know so I can revise the specification.

Initially, I would like keep the discussion focused on what is missing and how
it should be implemented.  Please keep the discussion on semantics like "I
would rather use thickness instead of line_width" until after we've hammered
out all of the technical issues.

Once we have a consensus, I will convert the document into a more formal format
similar to the current file specification documents and commit it to the
documentation repo since that is were the rest of Kicad's documentation resides.

I know it's been a long time coming so thank you for your patience.

Wayne