On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 09:12:55AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> > I have a question about KiCad component library format. Documentation
> > says that ALIAS line has to be the second line right after DEF line, but
> > in the default device.lib from package it is not this way.
> >
> > I.e. CP component - ALIAS line follows fields F1 line.
> Sometimes even a developer, or even the original author, may not carry this
> information in
> his/her head.  So to answer the question, he/she would have to look at the
> source.

Source is always right obviously... but if you can you should try to be
independant of the field order, in kicad's file this is not too difficult
(usually there is a record type marker): if you get an f, you have a file, if
you get alias an alias, and so on until the end-of-part marker. If you already
have done something similar think about how DXF are read...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl