On 08/13/2014 10:31 AM, Jean-Paul Louis wrote:
> Hi Dick,
> Those app notes are interesting, but Johanson is known for high performance
> aka very expensive devices.
> Is your design so critical that you have to worry about less than 0.5nH
> inductance?
> Is it ultra high frequency? or very fast very high currents?
>
> Just curious,
> Jean-Paul
> AC9GH

This is a reference design, distributed in our favourite format, self
extracting exe file.

ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/devkit/12.1/cycloneIVGX_4cgx150_fpga_v12.1.0.exe

In there is a *.pdf file showing the multi-port caps.  Altera seems to have a
thing for them.

So does Freescale.  It seems to be a happening thing.

Yes, they are more expensive.  There are multiple suppliers, I assume this
means multiple
patent licensees.  The BOM reduction comes about from needing less of them from
what I can
see.

Dick