On Sat, Feb 07, 2015 at 09:56:36AM +1100, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
> What a nuisance that po4a does not recognize "include". Maybe we should
> submit a patch to po4a?

That would be the best thing to do.

> Otherwise my own preference would be to continue to use individual text
> files for chapters and to use other tools to glue them together before
> invoking asciidoc.

I think that that would resolve the problem in the meantime that po4a devs
patch the program.

That would be the simpler thing to do, but we could have to introduce the
convention of, for example, call the docs with include directive in it
docname-master.adoc to obtain a "fusion" of
docname_master.adoc+docname_chapter_01.adoc+docname_chapter_02.adoc...
into ->docname.adoc

nevermind... I've already resolved with some makefile+scripting+sed magic
:-) pushing it in a few minutes...

We just have to follow the convention of calling the chapters

DOCNAME_chapter_NN.adoc

etc. as we already do.

> UNIX systems usually have several tools installed
> which can do the job of stringing the files together (even most shell
> environments have such built-in facilities). MinGW/MSys would also have
> such facilities.

sed you mean?

--

Marco Ciampa