People recognize icons quickly by their silhouettes. This is already pretty hard with the
existing KiCad icon set, and you're making it harder, by making so many icons into a
"symbol on top of paper". I agree that the icons need work, but we've got to
keep good UI design practices in mind while doing it.

Can you do them in a way that makes them *more* individually distinctive?

--
Chris