On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 08:22:23PM +0100, David J S Briscoe wrote:
> I'm willing to have a look at some of the grammar in the English
> documentation (some of it may be my fault anyway-I helped with the
> original French to English translation ages ago).
> How do I make changes to the files at http://docs.kicad-pcb.org/ ?
> Do I need to log into something? Or can I just download a local copy
> of the files,edit them (using which editor?- I used open office
> originally) and then send the edited versions to someone? Or should
> I just wait until all the documents are on Github (I can log in to
> Github)? Please let me know how I can help.

All docs are already on github. Just log in, fork, edit and ask for a pull.

https://github.com/ciampix/kicad-doc

BTW: this seems to me wrong or a vestigial of some old function:

Getting_Started_in_KiCad.adoc:541

51. If you are interested in knowing what the footprint you are choosing
looks like, you have two options. You can click on the 'View selected
footprint' icon image:images/show_footprint.png[show_footprint_png] for
a preview of the current footprint. Alternatively, click on the 'Display
footprint list documentation' icon
image:images/datasheet.png[datasheet_png] and you will get a multi-page
PDF document with all available footprints. You can print it out and
check your components to make sure that the dimensions match.

from "Alternatively, ..."

--

Marco Ciampa