On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 04:19:16PM +0000, Dan Walmsley wrote:
> Is this the right place to report problems with footprints.
> In "Capacitors_Elko_ThroughHole:Elko_vert_20x10mm_RM5"
> There is a + symbol that is in the silkscreen, and also in the copper layer.

How should silk short a copper trace? It's not recommended, but usually
silk is trimmed by the solder mask (either during gerber generation or
by the manufacturer)

If, instead, the module contains entities/text on copper *this is by
design* (of pcbnew, not of the module).

Entities on copper on modules are not checked against copper on board,
for two reasons:

- It's quite difficult to check copper text for conflicts

- You *need* copper in modules to do things like equipotential bonding
  or other tricks like these done by the microwave tools

Either way there is (should be:P) a big fat warning when creating the
module and choosing a copper layer; I'd say that module needs to be
fixed (not a problem in pcbnew but in the library module)

BTW that is the kind of error detected when comparing the gerbers
against the D356 netlist at the CAM stage (if you're lucky to have the
check done, of course...)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl