While we're at this, Olimex is working on a nice board using KiCad:

https://olimex.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/we-work-on-a64-olinuxino-the-first-open-source-hardware-64-bit-development-board/
https://olimex.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/a64-olinuxino-update/

Which allows me to repeat my mantra :) The opposite of "commercial" is
"non-commercial". The opposite of "open source" is "proprietary".
Various references to "commercial" in this thread should be replaced
with "proprietary". The Olimex boards are commercial *and* open
source, which is a great combination. Sorry for being a bit tiring
with this, but I think it's important.

Mário mentioned how good it would be if major institutions embraced
KiCad because they could be seen as trend setters. I think among the
important trend setters there are these companies which design open
hardware boards and sell them to the general public. Olimex is paving
the way with their migration from Eagle to KiCad. Hopefully the
Arduinos, Adrafruits and Sparkfuns of the world will one day choose to
use KiCad too.

Cheers,

Javier