On 11/4/2015 9:45 PM, Mark Roszko wrote:
>> I have repeatedly asked that devs do incremental changes so I can
> easily review them.
>
> It's hard to do refactoring when your one commit has to throw out the
> kitchen sink.
> My experimental gerbview refactor for giggles changes the layer system
> from the fixed bitmask nonsense to a dynamic managed list of layers
> while decoupling drawing code from the window frame entirely which
> allows it to draw to bitmaps. With the end goal of doing sexy things
> like command line processing of gerbers to pngs :D (And dynamic
> layering and up/down movement,etc) None of this can be done in
> "incremental changes" because the "incremental" is basically the whole
> set of changes needed to the reorganize code.

I'm sure there are exceptions but generally it can be done.  Although
often it is difficult to see the forest through trees.  I struggled for
months on the Eeschema refactor and then it kind just fell into place.
There were many failed starts but I persevered.  It ended up being
easier than I had initially thought.  The hard part was figuring out
where to start.