On 2/24/2016 5:41 AM, Simon Wells wrote:
> I noticed the layer widget behaviour was changed in 6518 to make it
> double click to change colors, If you don't click on the colour button
> then even with the old code then it will not open the dialog. At the
> moment it seems that the button is being reinvented which will just
> confuse people who don't realise that it can be double clicked to
> change colours...

I'm not sure what the justification was for this change.  I'm not sure
that it's an improvement over the single click.  Technically, it's
supposed to be a button so I would think a single click would be
appropriate but I don't change layer colors so it doesn't impact me.

> Should the checkbox be made to only enable/disable layer on double
> click as well to match behaviour?

I wouldn't be OK with this change.  Selecting a layer is a checkbox
which normally requires a single click.  Making this a double click
would be confusing.