> On 01.03.2016, at 19:08, Garth Corral <gcor...@abode.com> wrote:
>
> Even on Linux I think this behavior is wrong.  I can’t think of any
> applications where shift-modified scrollwheel causes vertical scrolling.  If
> an unmodified scrollwheel does that, and shift-modified commonly does
> horizontal scrolling it just seems wrong that shifting it should cause
> vertical scrolling in the case where the default action is to zoom.  It’s
> just confusing.  At the very least the modifier should be changed to some
> other key in that case.

I agree with you, but I don’t want to discuss which one is best here.

But if it really should do a horizontal scroll on shift-wheel then IMHO it is a
wxWidgets bug that it doesn’t change axis on Windows/Linux.
If it would have done that, Linux and Windows guys wouldn’t have been able to
shift/ctrl-scroll since rev4505.
I guess that would have been brought up very early… :)

Regards,
Bernhard