On 9/15/2016 1:39 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was going to submit a patch to update the short description for the
> various folders in the the root of the kicad source repo, but I am a
> bit confused to what to write for the "new" folder.
>
> My best suggestion for it was something like "Old crap (not built)" or
> Draft for undocumented SWEET concept. Those descriptions are not
> really helpfull at all.

Sweet is the eeschema analog to pcbnew's pretty.  It's just the name
given to the new component library file format.  Once sweet is
implemented KiCad will be pretty sweet.  Yes, it's silly.  But what's
life without a little whimsy.

> What is the use of this folder? As far as I can see nothing in there
> is built. it seems to be a stashing place for something called SWEET.
>
> Is this a eeschema pendant to pcbnew's pretties?
> Is the new folder to be deleted or kept for future reference?
> Is this related to Wayne's eeschema refactoring?

Possibly, that's why it's been kept around.  Once the new schematic and
file formats are completed, I will remove the new/ folder.