Hi Orson,

I have compiled the current master and tested out the footprint selection.

> On Aug 1, 2017, at 9:08 AM, Maciej Sumiński <maciej.sumin...@cern.ch> wrote:
>
> On 07/21/2017 11:34 PM, Piotr Esden-Tempski wrote:
> [snip]
>> 1) If a component is very large in the current zoom level it should be
>> ignored. It makes it very difficult to select small components that end up
>> on the opposite side of a large component. It is also very unlikely the user
>> will want to move the thing that is not even visible at the moment because
>> it is 10x the size of the viewport. :)
>
> Implemented, I look forward to getting some feedback.

Thank you for the patch. The selection is much easier to use. I see that large
footprints are being ignored as expected.

>> 2) Add the option to use a button to flip through potential selections.
>> Having to use the mouse to select the component I meant from a list of
>> candidates is really annoying. Other software packages have a nicer behavior
>> for this: select a component and allow swapping through candidates using the
>> right mouse button (this could be a keyboard shortcut too) and then confirm
>> with another left click. (a good example is how the package with a bird does
>> that, this is one of the few things I miss from using that software on daily
>> basis. :) )
>
> Tom has not advertised his recent patch, but watchful users may have
> noticed that the disambiguation menu displays numbers now. The numbers
> allow to quick select the desired item from the list using keyboard.

I have to work on a design to give further feedback if that is sufficient or if
a “rotate through candidates” button is still necessary. Having a keyboard
shortcut for the selection candidate is definitely a great improvement.

Cheers,
Piotr