This seems logical given our current versioning scheme. Although, it
may give users a false sense that v6 is just around the corner.
As for a 5.1 version, I'm still not convinced we have the manpower to
back port features from the development branch to create point releases.
I know I don't have time to do it. I discussed making some minor
changes to the development cycle for v6 with Tom and Orson at FOSDEM. I
don't want to open that discussion until after v5 is released.
On 2/13/2018 6:18 AM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have created a 6.0.0-rc1 milestone in launchpad which we can use for
> bugs we want to postpone to after the 5.0.0 stable release. We can
> always rename this if we don't feel the next stable release will be
> 6.0.0. Do we want to use 5.1.x?
> Nick Østergaard
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp