On 07/03/18 11:02, hauptmech wrote:
> I have a patch for treating track clearance the same as track width. The
> user can already specify a track width that is an exception to the
> netclass width, and now do the same for clearance. (
> https://youtu.be/05vfAvYwDio )

Hi hauptmech,

I'm sorry but IMHO we can't accept your patch:
- it changes the file format while we are already in feature freeze.
This is a way too big change to accept for the V5.
- we are planning to overhaul the clearance/design rules system in V6.
Storing the clearance *DIRECTLY* for each track segment/via will
conflict with any more sophisticated design rule management system.

Tom