I would like try to get a 5.0.1 release out next week end and then allow
another week for our package devs to prep release packages before making
the official release announcement if at all possible.  There are a lot a
bug fixes in 5.0.1 that should be made available for users who don't
want to bleed on the edge.  There is one outstanding critical bug [1]
that needs to be fixed before this can happen.  Tom, have you made any
progress on this?  I am willing to push the other two bugs[2][3] to
5.0.2 or 5.1 as they are both likely to require some user testing before
being released as stable.  Are there any other outstanding issues at the
moment that I may have missed?  As always, thank you everyone for your
efforts.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1793110