On 5/30/19 2:49 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 30/05/2019 16:46, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Hey Tom,

>>> Hi Wayne,
>>>
>>> I hope I didn't push anything personal to the repo on Launchpad (if so,
>>> it could have happened by accident).
>>
>> No problem.  I see that your already removed it from the main repo.  Thanks.
>>

>>> Just in case, I attached the crash reporter as patches.
>>
>> I finally got the crash reporter to build on windows.  Just out of
>> curiosity, does the crash reporter not show anything to the user?  When
>> I force a crash using the menu entry, I don't see anything indicating
>> that a crash report was generated or where the crash information might
>> be saved.  Are my expectations out of line here or is there something
>> wrong with the crash reporter on windows builds.  I haven't tested this
>> on linux yet.  I should get to that later today.
>>

> Hi Wayne,
>
> It should show a big 'We're sorry, Kicad just crashed' window. Do you
> run KiCad standalone or from the project manager? What is your build
> configuration under Windows?
>
> Tom

Nothing was displayed.  I was running from the project manager.  I even
crashed the project manager.  I'm using msys2 to create mingw32 and
mingw64 debug builds of KiCad.  I'm using wxWidgets 3.0.4 (not a debug
build).  I did not check to see if the msys2 wxWidgets package builds
are configured with wxDebugReport enabled so maybe that was the issue.
I'll check the next time I'm in windows.  However, your debug reporter
branch built fine so I suspect this was not the issue.

Wayne