Wayne,

Maybe this has been asked and answered, but....

Is there a reason to try and host gitlab ourselves?

We have a few clever people available to augment the install with bells and
whistles, and
some of these augmentation needs are not all forseeable now.

Improvements might be submitted upstream even...

Just wanted to make sure this has been considered.  It is not particularly
important to me
personally, but I thought it might be worth discussing because it could solve
some
problems down the road and lead to greater freedom.

BTW, I used KiCad again recently and you'll are doing a wonderful job on the
enhancements.
 It was a joy to use.

Regards,

Dick