On 2020-05-30 10:50 a.m., Jeff Young wrote:
One strategy is to highlight the first match as you type, but leave the menu
entries unchanged.

Another strategy is to remove the un-matched entries (so the selected on is
always at the top).
[snip]> Which is more common?  Which are you used to?  Which do you like better?

I don't recall seeing a case of menu entries being highlighted as I type. I'm used to seeing a filtered list that only has the possible entries based on what I have typed in.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick