Maybe it got dropped when Eeschema was ported to the new tool framework
or broken somewhere along the way.  I'm not seeing a way to change the
bus entry orientation on master in Linux either so I suspect it got
dropped.  I don't see a issue report for this on GitLab so please file
an issue so it doesn't get lost in developers mailing list.