Hi Dick, Thanks for the reply.

> I have not seen support for this compiler in the makefiles.

Ok

> Do you realize what the quality level is for the GCC compiler suite
> that Kicad uses as standard?

I don't know much about the recommended compiler but I did download
it and will use it if I need to.

I mainly develop using Borland tools for Java, C# and Pascal
languages. I was hoping that if I could "import" Kicad into Borland
CPP builder then everything would be under one IDE and I could tryout
the possibilites of integrating parts of Kicad into other
applications written in other languages.

It's more out of interest at the moment as I have no real need to use
any CAD package and don't want to learn a new compiler suite if I can
avoid it for now.

But in the future I may need CAD so would like to try things out
early on if I can and I thought the Borland route would be the
easiest way for me.