It's a nice amp. You'll like it.   I taped it in 1980
or so.  Just like everyone else, I made subtle
changes.
A couple notable ones: metal film resistors where
possible.  10 turn pot for bias adjustment.  I added
audio ramping and thump supression as well.

The power supply makes a big difference in the sound.
I used a 20 AMP constant voltage transformer and the
AMP sounded great and the hum was horrible.  I then
changed to a somewhat under rated quad custom made
torroidal transformer and the AMP was quieter, but not
as bassey.

I accidently mad a mirror image of the board and
because the design is so symmetric, I was able to use
it with a few external changes and switching the NPN
and PNP transistor positions.

Go for it.

--- j3r3m3l33 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone KiCAD'ed this amp:
>
> http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~mleach/lowtim/
> (http://www.pavouk.org/hw/leachamp/en_index.html)
>
> The second link's author said he did it in Eagle.
>
> By all accounts is a nice unit when built. I've
> asked
> the author where to get manufactured PCBs but no
> reply
> yet. So failing that, unless someone here has
> already
> entered the design into Kicad, then I might do it
> and
> post the result.

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on Yahoo! TV. Watch previews, get listings,
and more!
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658