The web page you refer to is correct, but I think you've misunderstood
it.   The ee in Vee refers to a BJT emitter, which is connected to
ground in some way with an NPN common emitter circuit.   Many BJT
circuits use a NPN/PNP arrangement symmetrical about ground, giving you
a Vcc, a -Vcc, and ground (sort of Vee).   In theory you can also have a
PNP only circuit, giving -Vcc and Vee, though that's very unusual these
days.

Regards,

Robert.