--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <dsc3...@...> wrote:

> New to Kicad but had used Orcad for many years. Is there a more "US"
> like device library that uses resistor, ground, etc. symbols? Yhe
> square box resistors just don't look right!
>
> Doug

I don't think it is so much a case of US and the rest of the world, as
it is with imperial measurements, it is a case of old and new. The
symbols you talk about such as the zig zag resistors where in
widespread use everywhere. But times and styles have changed, the
symbology normaly used in KiCAD and elsewhere roughly comforms to the
IEC standards.