I have almost finished my first project in kicad, I sent the Gerber file to
batchpcb, and they indicates a trace width violation of less than 8mil. I
figured out that the zone that I am using is set at the finest of 2.5mil. By
setting the grid to 10mil, I found out that the filled zone looked really poor,
it is especially ugly on 45degree edges and zigzaged around a circular pad that
I want to put ground around it.

I have tried and look around the network for the information. The only one I
got, I believe is using some older version that allow to change the width of
fill, while mine doesn't allow (aug 2008 formal release)

So is there any suggestions or solutions to this?

Best Regards,

Wei