Hi Pedro,

As Mihai explains in the next post, it's recommended/advised for optical
recognision. Again, the solder-mask free area is easy to do, it's the copper
filling that had to be done by a cut-out

Actually, I am happy with Kicad. Such a great piece of software, extremely good
value for money. My other option would have been Eagle, not bad but I used it
some years ago and I think I outgrow it a bit ;-)

Cheers,  Heiko