Lothar Behrens escreveu:
> Does this mean a feature like 'virtual components' with prerouted
> wires and vias will be possible?

That is a very important kicad limitation. No tracks in a componente and
it you use a workaround (like I did) anything that you place on a copper
layer wil be ignored by DRC and ZONEs filling, probably leading to shorts :(

This is considered "won't do" for the moment :( And will probably olny
change if a lot of people feel it is important...

Don't take me wrong, I AM a kicad fan, but some limitations are a PITA...

Alain

------------------------------------

Please read the Kicad FAQ in the group files section before posting your
question.
Please post your bug reports here. They will be picked up by the creator of
Kicad.
Please visit http://www.kicadlib.org for details of how to contribute your
symbols/modules to the kicad library.
For building Kicad from source and other development questions visit the
kicad-devel group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kicad-develYahoo! Groups
Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional