Hi,

I am currently working on a double layer PCB where vias are used to connect
all grounds together. All components are mounted on the top side. The
grounds of the components are connected by using vias to zones on the bottom
side of the PCB. When I ask to fill the zones I have always a cutout around
the vias. The same happens with the vias of the SMA connectors on the same
board. Also in the GERBER plots the cutouts are still there.

What do I do wrong?

When I define the zone parameters PCBnew gives the error message that I did
choose the "no connected" option and this would create copper island. Maybe
for additional explanation: I created the board without making a schematic
in KiCAD.

Thanks for your help,
Mirko