Yes, it will be somewhere on the Yahoo groups website for kicad (best
searched using google) - I'm not posting it yet again :).   I posted the
second copy last week.

The script can be run under Windows using cygwin, but AWK
implementations for Windows may work too.   Cygwin has the advantage
that it can be used for all sorts of linuxy things on Windows.

Markus's JaveE application sounds like it might be an easier solution
(though I haven't looked at it myself).

Regards,

Robert.