Hi guys,

I just finished working on my first pcb design and I did it with Kicad.

I'm a computer science master student so I'm pretty confident with
computers and I know my stuff in the software side of things .. but we
don't have courses on pcb designs nor on electronics (a part from some
phisics which covers circuits and electro-magnetism.. but nothing
deep), so that's been quite a challenge to get were I'm right now.

I'm working on my final thesis project and we are working with
different kind of sensors (accelerometers, magnetometers, gyros and
more) to develop nice kind of user-computer interactions such as body
movement recognition, tangible in objects UIs, etc..

Until now we used pre-made boards (Arduino and some breakout boards)
with some soldering or bread boarding.. but I'm now feeling quite
limited by this so I'm trying to move on and pass to the next step:
developing my own circuits boards that fit my needs.

So here I am. To make things simple I started creating something
similar to something I already know: Sparkfun ADXL335 breakout board
(http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9269#)

I used this accelerometer in the past so I know how this works also on
the electrical side of things.

So, I designed using Kicad the schematics, the pcb layout and sorted
out the libraries of kicad..

So, I'd like you to have a look at my Kicad project and let me know
what you think. As I said I'm a complete beginner so that's likely I
missed lot of things there..

Please note that the pcb design is going to be create with home made
etching on a single side.

This is the accelerometer I used:
http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/SMD/adxl335.pdf
The schematic I wanted to copy: