Hi, Sante

Kaloian is on sick leave till Thursday.

We didn't succeed in reproducing the error. We will put more efforts to it.

Have in mind that the exception is not critical and it does not stop the work of the populater. Even if it is thrown for every document, the system should be fully functional after the population. The issue affects only a single feature of the documents: SERIALIZED_DOCUMENT and it is ignored:

Could not save SERIALIZED_DOCUMENT, ignoring ...

This feature does not affect the work of the system.

Greetings,
Philip

Hi, Kaloian

are there any news on exception?

This is the output of console when throws exception

New profiler run: ~Nerc APi Impl Execute ~>

[Nerc Stopper Thread] NERC will be interrupted after 600 seconds.
[Nerc Stopper Thread] Exiting ...
---------LOG: <~Nerc APi Impl Executed ~---------
Memory: 234951k; change: -12561k; max: 247577k; Net time: 1.99s; since prev. millisecs: 66 Feature ORIGINAL_DOCUMENT_CONTENT_ON_LOAD is not in the feature schema. Feature schema is currently: [SUBJECT, AUTHORS, SOURCE, SUBTITLE, KEYENTITIES, FILE, KEYPHRASES, TIMESTAMP, URL, TITLE, ORIGIN] Feature GATE.SOURCEURL is not in the feature schema. Feature schema is currently: [SUBJECT, AUTHORS, SOURCE, SUBTITLE, KEYENTITIES, FILE, KEYPHRASES, TIMESTAMP, URL, TITLE, ORIGIN] Feature MIMETYPE is not in the feature schema. Feature schema is currently: [SUBJECT, AUTHORS, SOURCE, SUBTITLE, KEYENTITIES, FILE, KEYPHRASES, TIMESTAMP, URL,TITLE, ORIGIN] Feature MATCHESANNOTS is not in the feature schema. Feature schema is currently: [SUBJECT, AUTHORS, SOURCE, SUBTITLE, KEYENTITIES, FILE, KEYPHRASES, TIMESTAMP,URL, TITLE, ORIGIN]
Could not save SERIALIZED_DOCUMENT, ignoring ... Cause:
java.io.NotSerializableException: com.ontotext.kim.semanticrepository.SemanticRepositoryAPIImpl at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1156)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1509) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1474) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1392) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1150)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeArray(ObjectOutputStream.java:1338) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1146)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.access$300(ObjectOutputStream.java:143) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream$PutFieldImpl.writeFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1668) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:454) at gate.annotation.AnnotationSetImpl.writeObject(AnnotationSetImpl.java:1097)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:945) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1461) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1392) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1150)

at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:326) at com.ontotext.kim.util.SerializationRoutines.serializeObject(SerializationRoutines.java:21) at com.ontotext.kim.corpora.KIMDocumentImpl.getSerializedObject(KIMDocumentImpl.java:496) at com.ontotext.kim.lucene.LuceneDocumentRepositoryImpl.addDocument(LuceneDocumentRepositoryImpl.java:321)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.openrdf.util.rmirouting.ChannelIfaceImpl.invoke(ChannelIfaceImpl.java:514)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

if I change Operating System (Windows XP), can I solve the problem?
Can you provide me some document on an annotation logic?

I'm sorry the disturb, but my exam is no far...and I'have to describe the annotation procedure of KIM...
please help me...
Sincerly Sante

2008/12/3 Kaloian <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

    Hi Sante,

    >From your last reply we saw that you did not do any modifications
    to IE-no-keywords.gapp. We tested with unmodified gapp and
    everything works fine for us.
    We will need more detailed information for your environment , that
    will enable us to reproduce the issue.
    1. What operating system do you use is it Windows or  Linux (
    versions )?
2. If is it Windows do you start KIM from C:/ or another folder with space in the name like Program Files ?
    3. Could you please also send us the versions version of Java you
    use ?

    Regards ,

    Kaloian

    Sante Barbuto wrote:

    2008/12/2 Philip Alexiev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

        Hi Sante,

        Could you send the application configuration file you use.
        Its name is specified in kim/config/nerc.properties:
        com.ontotext.kim.KIMConstants.IE_APP=IE.gapp

        Provide the gapp file so that we can look for the problem there.

        Thanks,
        Philip

    this is the content of nerc.properties

    # Properties for the IE process

    # path of the creole config file (of GATE components)

    com.ontotext.kim.KIMConstants.KIM_CREOLE_DIR=file:/%kim.home.dir%/config/

    # path of the KIM IE application; in order to change the IE
    application
    # just use this path to plug a new KIM-aware GATE pipeline

    #com.ontotext.kim.KIMConstants.IE_APP=IE.gapp
    com.ontotext.kim.KIMConstants.IE_APP=IE-no-keywords.gapp

    # Overall Time Limit for the execution of the IE phase (in msec.).
    # If the timeout expires the IE process is stopped and processing
    continues on
    # Default is 10 min
    com.ontotext.kim.KIMConstants.IE_TIMEOUT=600000

    IE-no-keywords.gapp is encloses