Hi,

I have a test program that runs fine when I use the RMI
method for adding documents in KIM, but generates an
exception when calling addDocument via the KIM web
service interface.  I have included code snippets and
the error below.

The error is something about bad types during SOAP
serialization: (long -> int).  This may be referring to the
return type from addDocument - or may not.  The error
is inside KIM so I can't tell.

My code creates a KIMDocument from a string of text,
calls {SemanticAnnotation}.execute to perform entity
identification (which works) and then calls
{DocumentRepository}.addDocument.
The error is generated during addDocument.

I am using the following XML and SOAP libraries, which I
believe are the recommended ones:

activation-1.1.jar
axis-1.4.jar
axis-jaxrpc-1.4.jar
axis-wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar
commons-discovery-0.2.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-logging-api-1.1.jar
freemarker-2.3.8.jar
kim-2.3-RC1.jar*
kim-api.jar*
kim-ws.jar
mail.jar
ognl-2.6.11.jar
saaj-api-1.2.jar
xwork-2.0.5.jar

ERROR:

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (long -> int)
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad
types (long -> int)
    at org.apache.axis.message.RPCHandler.onStartChild(RPCHandler.java:286)
    at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
    at
org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
    at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
    at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:236)
    at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:384)
    at
com.ontotext.kim.ws.documentrepository.DocumentRepositoryAPI_BindingStub.addDocument(DocumentRepositoryAPI_BindingStub.java:349)
    at
com.hewettresearch.web.carmel1.action.SemanticAnalysisAction.analyzeText(SemanticAnalysisAction.java:166)
    at
com.hewettresearch.web.carmel1.action.SemanticAnalysisAction.main(SemanticAnalysisAction.java:367)

CODE:

  public long analyzeText(String textContent) throws RemoteException
  {
    DocumentRepositoryAPI_BindingStub wsDocRepository =
getKIMDocumentRepositoryWebService();
    SemanticAnnotationAPI_BindingStub wsAnnotate      =
getKIMSemanticAnnotationWebService();

    com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.DocumentConstants dConst =
wsDocRepository.getConstants();

    com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.KIMDocument newDocument = null;
    newDocument = new com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.KIMDocument();
    newDocument.setContent(textContent);

    com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.Feature[] docFeatures = new
com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.Feature[3];
    docFeatures[0] = new
com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.Feature(dConst.getDOCUMENT_FEATURE_DATE(),
"20081213");  // (new Date()).toString());  // "20070301");
    docFeatures[1] = new
com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.Feature(dConst.getDOCUMENT_FEATURE_TITLE(),
getDocumentTitle());      //"Peter Pan Airlines");
    docFeatures[2] = new
com.ontotext.kim.ws.corpora.Feature(dConst.getDOCUMENT_FEATURE_URL(),
getDocumentURL());
    newDocument.setFeatures(docFeatures);

    // Annotate the document before adding it.
    newDocument = wsAnnotate.execute(newDocument, 0, "<NULL>");
    KIMAnnotation[] annotations = newDocument.getAnnotations();
    f_message1 = getKIMAnnotationsAsString(annotations);

    return wsDocRepository.addDocument(newDocument, true);     *   // <--
error is thrown here*
  }

Thanks for your help.