Hi Enzo,

You can find a good description of the Jape grammar here: http://gate.ac.uk/sale/tao/index.html#x1-1830007

I will describe generally the process of information extraction in KIM. The whole process and the resources used is described in the GATE pipeline which by default is IE-no-keywords.gapp . Each resource creates or modifies the annotations in the annotation sets of the document. Some of the annotations are temporary and serve only as basis for creating other annotations. Such are first names, titles etc. Other annotations like Person, Location etc. are the ones that go into the document repository. They all have an "inst" feature, which links the annotation to an entity in the semantic repository. A major role in the process has the InstanceGenerator resource which is at the bottom of the pipeline. Its role is to create instances for annotations who have only "class" feature set and to filter the temporary annotations, so that they don't go into the document repository. So in order for your entities to be recognized you have two conditions: 1) Create annotation which is one of the following types (the InstanceGenerator filters the others) :

    "Entity",
    "Organization",
    "Person",
    "Time",
    "Date",
    "Percent",
    "Location",
    "Position",
    "Money",
    "Abstract",
    "ContactInfo",
    "Object",
    "Event",
    "Brand",
    "GeneralTerm",
    "KeyPhrase",
    "KeyPerson",
    "KeyOrganization",
    "KeyLocation"

2) The annotation should have at least a "class" feature which points to a valid class from the ontology. If it has no instance, the IG will create one.

Hope that helps.
Philip

ipinkfl...@inwind.it wrote:
Hi,
thanks for your answer.

I need to clarify two points.
1) After I have just created the jape rule and my ontology, Kim automatically
recognize my entity?
2) I read firstname.jape and I think is similar to a programming language,
isn't there a jape language's guide? So the jape will be more clearly for me.

Thanks and regards,
Enzo Buono.