Hello Jie Gao,

Can you send an example pipeline (including the documents in it) that demonstrates these cases.It will be very helpful for understanding the context.

Thank you,
Philip Alexiev
Software Engineer, KIM team

On 08/31/2012 01:16 PM, JIE GAO wrote:
Hi, ontotext team:

I am currently evaluating KIM 3.6-SNAPSHOT.

I've found that two KIM customized GATE PRs have strange behaviour for me. The one is KIM OrthoMatcher and another is Instance Generator.

The scenario is that i customized many JAPE grammars based on KIM default Jape grammar PR. There is a typical rule which is used to extract person entity with title appearing in text. The default rule in orginal KIM grammar is called "PersonTitle". The same as default grammar definition, i set the "originalName" as person name, while annotating the person entity combined the name with title. The orthmatcher perform well for this practice. However, instance generator failed to generate instance URI for the entity. Then, i changed the grammar to set "originalName" to full name (e.g., "Miss Putran" rather than "Putran"). This change makes the KIM OrthoMatcher not working. In other words, the entity "Miss Putran" cannot be matched with the entity labeled "Santosh //Putran", whereas, this time "Miss Putran" can be generated with an URI by instance generator.

Based on my analysis from KIM sourcecode, KIM orthomatcher will always use "originalName" to retrive the entity label which is hardcoded and not changable. I have found the "stripPersonTitle" function, whereas havn't found any usage in the sourcecode so far. The experiment result turns out that the KIM Orthomatcher failed to strip Person title from "originalName" , which cause the orthomatcher failing to remove person title before matching. Meanwhile, i have found that the instance generator will firstly to check the duplication in knowledge base if there is matched entity, it will be directly specified with the same URI . If there is no same entity in the knowledge base, the entity will be processed by "IEMetadataAppender" and set the context to be "http://newEntity=true"; if no specific one given. However, my test turns out that if the original name is not the same as full name of specific extracted entity (i.e., original name is "Putran" rather than "Miss Putran" and "Putran" is not identified as a existing entity in KB). The instance generator will not genrate URI for such kind of entity.

/Look forwards to your kindly help.

///

*Thanks & Regards*

JIE GAO