Hey,

So, in KIM we are trying to support different combinations of repositories for
optimal search capabilities. As a default setup (and currently the most robust
one) we are using the OWLIM + Lucene.

>From KIM 3.6 onwards, we give users the ability to implement and plug their
own repository implementation/extension so they could customize the platform
behavior according to their specific needs. If you are interested in this
feature, you can check our documentation on the topic:

https://confluence.ontotext.com/display/KimDocs37EN/Implementing+custom+modules+for+KIM

Now, a few words on your question. Currently, using the default setup,
documents are stored in both Lucene and OWLIM.

In Lucene we store the document content (text) and the attributes (or as we
prefer to call them - document-level features) so the user is able to perform
full-text searches on that data. In OWLIM we store the entities co-occurrence
information and again the document-level features.

Unfortunately, at this point, the default KIM web interface is unable to show
document feature values different from those that are already visible. However,
you can access your custom features using the KIM SemanticRepositoryAPI and
running a SeRQL/SPARQL query through it. Please check

 http://javadoc.ontotext.com/kim-3.7-
javadoc/com/ontotext/kim/client/semanticrepository/SemanticRepositoryAPI.html

and

https://confluence.ontotext.com/display/KimDocs37EN/KIM+Java+RMI+Client+Examples

for more information.

Hope this brief explanation is useful for you. If you have more questions or
concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Boyan Kukushev

--
Boyan Kukushev
Senior Software Engineer / Java Developer