Hi Julian,
I've encountered the same problem with lit and latest gtest when
I was packaging KLEE for Fedora as I had to use gtest from repos
due to Fedora's packaging guidelines.

I sent a patch to LLVM to fix this incompatibility at the beginning
of last April and it was finally accepted last month [1].  It still needs
to be committed, though.

Sincerely,
Lukas

[1] https://reviews.llvm.org/D100043