I have the DB on a separate server so that might be the reason why it did
not get upgraded. I am trying to login using Kubuntu 18.04 (2/24/18 Daily
Image) and KMM 5.0 and I am now getting a permission denied error when I
try to login with the correct password.

I will create a new test DB and compare the tables and see if I notice a
difference in table structure. I will report back to this email.