On 2023.05.20 19:09, Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
On the "hanging" discussed on the user mailing list - I cannot replicate it, but the user now confirms that the master branch appimages do work for him, only the 5.1 branch appimages hang. I'm suspecting something related to Qt and WebEngine, but I still have no solid clues.

On the Windows crashes - I'm trying to set up a local SUSE build system (in VirtualBox) but the instructions on the snapshots web page is apparently rather out of date. Hopefully I can puzzle it out, but if anyone can provide a quick update (just in an email if not actually updating the page) I'd appreciate it.
I think I finally got a bit of a clue. The OSB Windows builds use mingw, so can't use QTWebEngine. However, trying to use QtWebKit (building either libalimia or kmymoney) it errors out with:

buildinfo is broken... it says:
unresolvable: nothing provides mingw64(icui18n56.dll) needed by mingw64-libqt5-qtwebkit nothing provides mingw64(icuuc56.dll) needed by mingw64-libqt5-qtwebkit

These are the same errors I see looking at the OBS pages.

Lots of searching suggests that the problem is a version mismatch between libqt5-qtwebkit and whatever package contains the icu libraries. However, while learning my way around zypper and yast, it looks like I had package mingw64-libicu61 installed from the mingw repository. Explicitly deleting that package (and the associated -devel one) has allowed the build to progress. I believe (but at this point am no longer certain) I had explicitly added the mingw64-libicu61 repository, so I don't know if this discovery can help with the actual OSB server configuration.

I also know there is no real evidence, but I've been wondering if these two issues are somehow related.

Jack