On 2024.01.28 03:27, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
On Sonntag, 28. Januar 2024 01:52:34 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> In the new investment dialog, price entry can be price per share, all
> shares, or default.
> I assume the default is the setting for the Investment account within
> which you are creating the investment.
> In the new (investment) account dialog, you have the same three choices. > Where do you see or set the default referred to here? I cannot find it
> in any configuration dialog.

Agreed, it's a bit misleading. The default is the program default which is "Price per share". Maybe, the initial idea was to have that modifiable
also through the settings and that got never implemented. So in the
investment account editor "default" and "price per share" are doing the same.
I see the price entry dropdown when editing an investment account. However, I do not see it as part of the new account dialog. Did I miss it, or can that only be set when editing the account?

In the future (maybe as part of the Investments overall redesign) we can either add a place to specify the overall preference for Price Entry, or reword the one in the Account Edit (and maybe add to the New Account) dialog.