Hi,

I am running Knot 2.5.2-1 on a Debian Jessie, all is good, no worries.
I am very pleased with Knot's simplicity and ease of configuration -
which are still readable as well!

I noticed recently that I am getting

knotd[9957]: notice: [$DOMAIN.] journal, obsolete exists, file
'/var/lib/knot/zones/$DOMAIN.db'

everytime I restart Knot. I get these for all my domains I have confgured,
and there is one in particular providing my own .dyn. service :-) - so I
am a bit reluctant - just to delete it.

But all the .db files have a fairly old timestamp (Feb 2017) and about the
same. At that time (Feb 2017) I was running just one authoritative Master
instance, nothing fancy. lsof also doesn't report any open files. At
that time (Feb 2017) I was running just one authoritative Master
instance, nothing else.

Can I just delete those files?

Cheers

Thomas