Daniel,

I tried with both recvmmsg set to yes and to no.  Made no difference.  Not sure why it would.

When I use the dig client to send to the server, I can see from the module log that dig tries three times to receive a valid response before giving up.

It appears that knot is still sending a response each time, but because pkt->size was set to 0 in an attempt to have the server drop the message, dig complains about the length.

What I see is(actual address obscured with XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX):

dig ANY test.com @XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
;; Warning: short (< header size) message received
;; Warning: short (< header size) message received
;; Warning: short (< header size) message received

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Ubuntu <<>> ANY test.com @XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
;; global options: +cmd

It would be great if the server would send nothing at all and truly drop the message.   Are you seeing a true drop?  Again, I'm working with the latest 2.6 code from the git repo.

Thanks,

Lisa