On 08/06/2018 16:30, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Am 08.06.2018 um 16:28 schrieb Klaus Darilion:
>> Great: I just noticed that installing knot-dnsutils uninstalls dnsutils.
>> Is kdig completely backwards-compatible to dig?
>
> Answering myself: No :-( (e.g +trace is missing)
>
> So, it is bad that kdig and dig can not be installed concurrently (at
> least with the Debian 9 package)

This seems strange. As far as I know, there is no naming clash between
the BIND utilities and the Knot ones. In fact, this is the reason that
the Knot tools are all prefixed with 'k'. It should be possible to
install both the BIND and Knot tools together.

Perhaps open a bug report with the maintainer of the knot-dnsutils package?

Regards,
Anand