Dear all,

I use knot 2.7.1 with automatic DNSSEC signing and key management.

For some zones I have used "cds-cdnskey-publish: none".

As .CH/.LI is about to support CDS/CDNSKEY (rfc8078, rfc7344) I thought
I should enable to publish the CDS/CDNSKEY RR for all my zones. However,
the zones which are already secure (trust anchor in parent zone) do not
publish the CDS/CDNSKEY record when the setting is changes to
"cds-cdnskey-publish: always".

I have not been able to reproduce this error on new zones or new zones
signed and secured with a trust anchor in the parent zone for which I
then change the cds-cdnskey-publish setting from "none" to "always".

This indicates that there seems to be some state error for my existing
zones only.

I tried but w/o success:

knotc zone-sign <zone>
knotc -f zone-purge +journal <zone>
; publish a inactive KSK
keymgr <zone> generate ... ; knotc zone-sign <zone>

Completely removing the zone (and all keys) and restarting fixes the
problem obviously. However, I cannot do this for all my zones as I would
have to remove the DS record in the parent zone prior to this...

Any idea?

Daniel