Hi all,

to make things clear, I would add some notes.

First, one needs to distinguish two possibilities:

1) importing the keys from previous software as they are, both their public and private parts, and continue signing with the same keys while switched to new software

For this, you probably utilize some of the keymgr commands: import-pem, import-pkcs11, import-bind.

2) switching software together with all key's roll-over -- in this case there is no need for importing the private keys, but for some time, the new public keys must be pre-published in the old software before the migration, and for some time the old public keys must be post-published in the new software

For this, you might use the generate command for creating new Knot keys and maybe import-pub command to enable post-publishing of old keys (the Bind format is relatively straight-forward, so it can be "faked" manually). Note that this might be tricky to do correctly.

(the method (2) is probably the same as "Changing DNS operators", because they usually don't believe each other so that they would share private keys ;) )

BR,

Libor